Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday. Sunshine. Standing. Finally.

Friday. Yay. (:

Today made me consider how fast this first week back from spring break went...goodness. SO fast. Like, almost overwhelmingly fast, but border line...

So as I sit here and blare our beloved Taylor Swift in the background, my mind floats back to this interesting week.

Monday started a new quarter. The last quarter, to be exact, till SUMMER! YAY! Which hopefully will go just as fast as 1st-3rd quarter. Yes, that would be nice...Monday was also the first day of PE, since we rotate from art/PE each quarter. And in case any of you haven't noticed, I'm not the most coordinated person in the entire world, and I like art. It fascinates me...along with singing and writing... it seems like an escape from the world for me. So it totally bummed me out when I realized that art is completely over for my 8th grade year. Gah. But I will have opportunities freshman year and so on to take several fine art credit classes such as choir, Allaude, photography, art, creative writing, etc. So that should be fun.

And apparently only 2 years of PE are required for all 4 years of high school...score 1 for me. (:

Tuesday was as boring as Thursday, but we had choir...so that was good. Along with Wednesday, which the only highlight is photography last period which is instructed by our elementary/middle school principal(who is AWESOME and hilarious and everything you would think a principal would NOT be) who pretty much drives us wherever we wish and buys us all coffee in the process. Nice. (: 2 of my most favorite things in a lovely 50 minute period...yeah. I could get used to that. This Wednesday we gallivanted throughout downtown Mt. Vernon and next week we get to go to the tulips. YESSS.

What I laugh about practically every time I'm in a certain class is that the teacher never moves me, and when she does, she just puts me by someone else that I'd talk to. Goodness. You'd think she would see a pattern, and I'm guessing she somewhat does considering she's put me in the second row from the front- but smack dab in between 2 guys that cause us to talk non stop. Throw papers. Think everything happens to be funny because we're not allowed to talk...yeah. That whole thing. So you'd think she'd move/yell at us...but no. Ha. I think it frustrates her that wherever she puts me, I'll end up finding someone to talk/goof around with. But of course, there's a time and a place...and that place just happens to be history class.

:)

The end of Wednesday night brought AWANA which is only adding more stress to my ridiculous schedule of stressfulness. Yeah. I'm still massively behind, and due to me planning on ditching next week...not sure what I'm gonna do. Lets just say I'm glad this year is my last. But hey, I got to catch up with a few people that I hadn't talked to for a couple weeks straight. Which was awesome. More on that later...maybe. We'll see...

Thursday was the same. Already blogged about that. Ha. Me and chapel leader being easily entertained by the way the microphone case opens and closes...all spy-like, super legit clasp and all. Goodness. Being told I have a natural gift/talent of singing and leading praise and worship...Chapel leader and piano player...way to sweet.

Today! Yay! Friday!
This left all the students in my PE class staring at the clock(which was ticking WAY. TOO. SLOW.) every 3 minutes, and thanking God 10,000x over for the fact that we get a 3 day break from this basketball unit. Usually I can tolerate things...this is not one of them.

I got to drink the rest of my teacher's coffee(which, if you know her, wasn't weird at all) because Starbucks apparently put an extra shot into her peppermint mocha, which she detested. I'm not all that picky with coffee, as long as it's not black and bitter and full of evil(another memorable quote from..."someone.")
Which ended up being the highlight of my study hall along with making dance moves for adding, subtracting, division and multiplication(she's also our algebra teacher). Yeah, we're weird. And frankly, we were bored. Very. Very. Bored.

Play practice again today..and we got our costumes. Ha. Which included a time of laughing till we cry when we saw mine. "WE" meaning all my lovely classmates. Mine was the only one that she let us take home, so I get to try it on and see how it looks. High collar and red bow in all. Lovely. I love it because it has a huge fluffy yellow dress that makes me feel like a princess. (:

Either that, or I'm easily entertained. Yeah...

So now I sit with my sister in the other room catching some Disney Channel Movie "Lemonade Mouth" and wishing she could go see "Prom" in theaters(which makes me laugh. Ha. HA. Oh, Alyse...), Mom and Nathan on their way to school to drop Nathan off to later drive to the airport to catch his and his close up group's 11pm flight to DC. Which is sad, because I like Nathan very much. The next week will be weird being the only one to keep up the sarcastic comments and random events going along in this household...and coaching Alyse to do so. Ha. (:

Alyse is almost back to normal. Just noticed I hadn't talked about her for a while. She doesn't look practically dead anymore, and her pneumonia should be completely gone in the next week or so-thus presenting her with the opportunity to start playing her clarinet again and run around without nearly passing out. So that recent scare has passed...that was interesting. And scary. But it's done. And I'm glad. (:

Here's to Friday. Here's to the fact that I wore capris and sandals today even though it ended up raining...here's the the sunshine in the morning, at least. Here's to acting crazy just for the heck of it.
And here's to...standing. Finally.

Loves!
Remey.

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! Yes, it is a great thing you only need 2 Pe classes for the four years of hs. I loved that.

    Just a thought, but you might want to change your font... or at least the size of it. My old eyes have a hard time reading all the wonderful stuff you write about.

    Loves.
    Ren.

    ReplyDelete