Thursday, April 14, 2011

:)

So for once in my life...well, not exactly ONCE in my life, but for almost once in my life I'm at loss for words.

Yeah, I can usually incorporate a sarcastic comment to my siblings, an Australian accent with my friends or an easily sung song lyric around campus...but considering everything around me...yeah, I'm at loss for words because of everything going on lately. CRAZINESS!

Hence the title.
(:

Since I've been blogging lately about things going on in my head(which is FAR more than I blog about, mind you), I thought I would blog about what's going on lately outside of my head. Everyday.
A day in Lauren's fast spinning world, if you will.

Thursday.
Thursday's are boring. Really, they are. The only real exciting thing about Thursdays is the excitement that tomorrow's Friday, I get to sing more than I usually do today, and...yeah. That's about it, unfortunately.

So...Thursday.
I get up at 6:20ish to take a shower because I'm too lazy/tired/to much stuff on my mind to take one the night before. Awesome.

Go to school...obviously. Which consists of many interesting subjects that are overwhelming me at the moment, and cause me to wish that the next 8 weeks would totally evaporate and we could skip to summer. Immediately.

The only class period I love besides choir which takes place at the end of the day is play practice, 5th period.

Some smart kid in our class decided to talk to his mother(homeschooler's group musical director) and throw out the idea of our class doing a musical. Awesome. Like, a legitimate, required, extra class musical...cheesy dance moves in all. Yup.

So aside from the longing to sing, I'm there for the grade. But as we go along and this is...what? It's been like 2 months or something. Anyways, as we progress in this class, it's getting fun. Parts were pre-assigned due to singing/acting experience and pure personality. There are 11 main parts, the rest are "audience members." In case you people who love details are wondering, the play is "The Ever After"- a cheesy talk show with fairytale characters reconciling with their greatest enemies...hence half of the 8th grade class are audience members who get to sing/dance along with the songs and sit up on stage and act interested, and the other half have some type of part, 11 with main parts.

I was pre-assigned...Snow White.

{Insert scoffing laughter}
...........

Done?
Ok. I'm glad. (:
Because yeah, that's exactly what I thought when I was given a part that included bright red lipstick, a high collar legit Snow White dress, and some solos with some petty high notes to hit. Lovely. Great. Grand. Fabulous.

But like I said, the farther we get along, it gets better. It's more fun every day we have practice(which is everyday, 5th period).

So that should be lovely. For all of you that are somewhat interested and would love to come on over to our lovely school with a camera/camcorder to further scoff...
May 16th. 6:30 PM. I believe this is a...Thursday night? Not sure. I'm far to lazy to pull up yet another tab to add to this, my facebook, email, youtube, etc...
So yeah. Come. Laugh. Enjoy. (:

So aside from that...choir is the only class I look forward to on Thursdays. Which is a lovely 45-50 minutes of doing what I love.

Allaude tryouts...May. Not sure how I feel about that yet...mixed feelings, no decision yet. We'll see what happens.

Hmm...the next 8 weeks(YES) before summer are going to be drastic. Interesting. Overwhelming, if you will. It'll be interesting. It'll be scary. It'll be...somewhat intimidating. It's kinda like you're given a certain time period where you have to learn who you are, where you belong, to...grow up. Which is the message our teachers are so brutally putting on us, complete with massive and accumulative tests/exams "preparing" us for freshman year.

Not sure how I feel about that either.
To be honest, I don't want to grow up one bit.
But I don't have a choice, so why not make the best of it.
Besides, I've heard life is awesome. And I've pretty much hit the point where I'm ready for summer, and then to launch myself into a whole new life/experience this fall. Goodness.

(:
I guess that wasn't really "A day in the life of" because that wasn't a day. Hmm.
Well, more to come eventually.

In other news, my basketball skills are simply hideous...which makes me want to murder PE class all the more. GAH.
But on the bright side...hmm...
Hey, it's Friday tomorrow! :D All I got. Sorry.

Still working on standing...things are progressing, shining brighter...
Loves!
Remey.

No comments:

Post a Comment