Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a love story between a girl and her camera...

When I first started this blog, it occurred to me that I would have tons of things to put in it.
Quotes, songs, lyrics, events of that day or week, favorite things, and new pictures. :)

My dear friends who are reading this (and any of you who have randomly stumbled along this blog, even though the chances are incredibly slim...), these are for you who haven't seen what I love to do and haven't experienced it first hand because I haven't had the amazing opportunity to take pictures with or of you.

I love to capture moments. Moments of joy, moments of confusion, moments of pure happiness and craziness. Faces, random objects... moments that show and reveal bits of God's glory on this earth.

I'm crazy about things outside... as long as I have some type of coat or something suitable to the weather condition, that is. lol. And here in WA... a coat seems to be mandatory almost always.
But I've always loved the sound and smell of rain, flowers, trees, sunsets, blue skies... etc. And I love capturing them in photos.


Some of these pictures are as old as a year, and some of them are as recent as a couple weeks ago. But this is a shortened version of a compiled collection of my all time favorites... let me know what you think. ;)Our cherry tree in full blossom. ;) This picture always reminds me and gets me excited for the upcoming season of spring. And summer. Boy, am I ready for summer...


Last Spring/Summer I had the amazing opportunity of...well, boring days. Days that had just the perfect amount of sunlight with 0 schoolwork and nothing to do. So I took the awesome day and spent it outside exploring my street in all it's glory. This picture is actually one of of neighbors plants, but it grew over their cement divider(they know our family way too well...) to our concrete on the opposite side. Full of wonderfulness, these beautiful flowers started losing petals as well, creating a lovely background for this loner-plant.Last fall early winter our family took a trip to Coopville/Whidbey Island to stay in a beach cabin one of my dad's patients owns. It was right on top of a cliff, and you had to take a winding staircase down the stairs to reach the beautiful shore where (even though it was raining practically the whole time) we spent most of the time at.
This is probably one of the cutest pictures I've got of my adorable little sister. ;)
Along the side of the same cliff and beach, there were really beautiful and ignored trees that I doubt anyone would make a double take to see them. They're absolutely gorgeous, and I loved how some of the leaves still had their little bit of Autumn spark to them.So I'm actually not quite sure when I took this photo... it probably was in the spring last year, as well. But I'm practically in love with the glorious creation God allows me to see every morning out my bedroom window of Mt. Baker. ;)
This photo was actually taken a couple weeks before Christmas of 2010. Granted it was extremely cold outside, I did what I normally do and face the cold for a couple good shots of our good ol' fence and some curly plants from our yard.

This one was also taken a couple weeks ago I believe... we got home just in time to see God light up the sky. This always reminds me of "Light up the Sky" by The Afters. Haven't heard it? Look it up... good song, indeed...
This one actually has somewhat of a story behind it... ish. It was at the end of spring when I took this, so all of the petals on the flowers were depressingly falling off and blowing away along with sun and warm weather. My mom and dad were outside doing yard work I believe, and trimming back tons of our plants, and it was a somewhat beautiful day outside so I got myself off of the couch and away from my tea to see if there were any good shots to be taken of the flowers before my parents trimmed the remains of spring from our backyard... and this is what I found.
Ended up being one of my favorites, and this was back when I didn't have a camera of my own so I was using my brother's. Boy, was he surprised to see what I had on there...


So I find beauty in odd objects... I find beauty where people would normally find something a waste of time, or useless... this is a fine example.

And lastly... this one. :)
Sunsets have always intrigued me... it just shows that glory and awesomness of God in just a little portion of something we take for granted. All. The. Time. It's crazy! We are so blessed where we live to be by the ocean, the mountains... to see THIS!
This one was taken last summer when my family went camping out by Deception Pass-ish... I'm not quite sure where it's located, I just know you drive to Deception Pass, then somewhere else, then take a ferry, then drive... BAM.
Wait, I remembered now... silly me. ;) This is right across from Port Townsand (if any of y'all know where this fabulous place is). It's absolutely gorgeous.

So that is all for now. There are tons, TONS more, but that shall be saved for later purposes or else I'd be stuck with nothing else to post. :)

Hope y'all enjoyed it. ;)

Oh, and happy Friday tomorrow! YAY for weekends!! :D

Loves!
Remey.

No comments:

Post a Comment