Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finals. Tea. Puddle Jumping. SUMMER. More Deliverance...

Ha! Another one of these lovely little titles...:)

Any of you who keep up with the other blog I'm apart of, "Days on a Whim," you have probably noticed that I've been less than persistent on contributing on some lovely posts. And I'm sorry!
I love that blog with all my heart, I blog with two of my dearest friends on it, it's what started me on blogging in the first place...but the simple problem is, since I've started this blog on my own, I've been trying to make it as fun and carefree as possible- complete with posts and posts and posts...
"HA!" you say. "Our dear Remey, it's not that hard to copy and paste a post to another blog...silly you, deary."

Ha. Yes. Quite funny. :) I've already received that helpful tip from Reney, and discovered our newish computer's seem-to-be only flaw is copying and pasting posts to other blogs. Doesn't make sense, does it? Lovely.
Not sure what the deal is, I just know it's shiny screen laughs at my frustration and disappointment. Some day I shall figure it out...

So anyways, y'all are probably wondering about my title. :)
Oh, another lovely title with no strings attached (*cough* *cough* aside from the fact that you have to read my posts to understand them...).

Finals! I know all you lovely college students (Ahem... Reney, Kaili, Cami, etc...) are going to be plagued with evil finals this week at Skagit for various classes. Which sucks, plain as day.
But I'm reminding you now(if any of you even read this...) that you're looking forward to a wonderful spring break in only a week! And most of you are free from all this on Thursday, I believe...at least that's what I heard from most of you.
People that are being plagued with finals this week or in the next coming weeks, I wish y'all the best of luck, and knock 'em dead, girls. YOU SHALL PREVAIL!

Ahhh, tea. I love tea with all my heart. :)
Before a couple weeks ago, I wasn't much of a tea drinker. More on the chai once in a while, and hot chocolate with whip cream and chocolate syrup, and of course, COFFEE. :) Oh, coffee...
But tea! Yes, tea. A couple weeks ago while babysitting many, many children of adults currently involved in a bible study from church every Monday night, a dear friend introduced me to THE best(no exaggeration whatsoever...) tea in the history of teas. Ever.
Lady Grey... a combination of black tea plus some citrus and all other lovelies put together in a nice little tea bag. :)

Aside from that, I always feel like I'm in a different time era when I'm making a tea pot full of tea, while pouring it properly into a teacup, and drinking it while talking in lovely English and British accents... oh, my imagination at work.

Anyways, it's quite fun. :) And the tea is good... I've drank far more cups than need be these last few days, but granted the caffeine does nothing more than make me talk more than I usually do(which I assure my family, isn't too much more than they're use to...), and it doesn't effect my sleep whatsoever. Yay! :)

Today we made yet another trip down to Seattle to visit my grandparents for the afternoon along with my uncle, aunt, and other uncle and our two cousins.
Driving there and driving back, it was raining. Pouring, if you will. Tremendously.

As as we drove through the Costco parking lot, the freeway, the highway out of our dear little town, I saw puddles. Puddles and puddles. Puddles perfect for jumping in!
I seriously had the weirdest feeling in the world to open my door, jump out of the moving car, and run outside in the pouring rain for some puddle jumping...
Granted, I hadn't eaten all morning, and was listening to some songs consisting of some minor thoughts about rain.

Aside from that, I was daydreaming out the window. Again.
And all the little raindrops plopping around in the puddles looked like little dancers as they made their way around the puddle and then promptly popped right back out and onto the pavement.
It was an interesting car ride, there and back... a time for thinking, praying, daydreaming...

SUMMER.
Oh, am I ready.

The sun on my skin, and warm air, the lovely smell of freshly cut grass, tanning, walking, photography, writing, shopping, laughing, friends, family, Hawaii, freedom...
Yeah. I'm pretty excited.
And although I'm too lazy to pull up a calendar and make a proper countdown...it shall come soon enough, my darlings. :)

Along the lines of deliverance...oh, dear.

So if any of you are in the midst of a hard time right now, can't see a light in the end of the tunnel, hopelessness...yeah, that whole deal. God does and CAN change that. He can take a situation that looks horrible from every angle you look at it and turn it into something beautiful.
I totally didn't understand this fully until today, when God delivered me yet again from something(yet not as small as a dentist visit, mind you...).

I'd been praying for this situation and the people involved, that God would move their hearts, because it was obvious that there was nothing further I could do and that I just needed to stay out of the way and let God do His work.

Well...today I was about to take another step deeper into the thick jungle of the situation(which I know now would not have been the smartest thing to do) but before I could even do it, God answered what I had been praying for. Or, rather, I was actually listening for His answer. And He moved this person. He moved them to the point of me almost being moved to tears and jumping up and down in front of them screaming, "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! IT'S ABOUT TIME!" which, yes, I refrained from doing so. :)

The situation might not have been so important for them, but it certainly was for me.
It was like a line of dominoes. In the case of this happening to them and everything that I mindlessly got involved with, them being tested tested me, them being moved moved me.

But, even in situations like that where that may not seem to be a miracle(which trust me, it was), miracles happen. Hearts are softened. Walls are moved and taken down.
So please, don't lose hope. After all, we have the most assured and most bright hope of all.

For all of you lovelies with finals this week, I wish you best of luck. :)
And eat lots of chocolate and bananas... I hear it helps. :)

Countdown to Spring Break: 19 days! (and yet I'm not too lazy to pull a calendar up for this...interesting.)

Loves!
Remey.

No comments:

Post a Comment