Friday, May 6, 2011

Update!

So, I kinda missed blogging. A lot.

I was off the internet(facebook, email, blog, the whole shabang) Sunday-Friday(very, VERY long story)...But the week without all those things showed me how blessed I am WITHOUT them. And how much I don't actually need them.

Anyways, so I guess I should give y'all who beg for it(cough...Ren...cough) an update on me because you never see me. Which is sad.
Anywho...

School. Blech.

I have several grades that I'm hoping to get up by the end of the quarter, because that would make me(and my parents)happy. Yeah. Another long story.

5 rehearsals left till "The Ever After- A Musicale."
Wow, those 3 months went fast!
For those of you who need a reminder, the play takes place in the MVCHS Commons at 6:30pm Monday the 16th. So, I'd love for you to be there. Very much. (:

And as for graduation...
June 9. 7pm. Set in stone(REALLY this time). ;)
And MS Spring Concert(my lovely choir I'm in)...
May 31st. Time? TBA.

Rehearsals are going well. Quite intense when we're not laughing our heads off, but it's good. Lord have mercy on our poor director who has to deal with 28 8th graders every afternoon for an hour. Goodness.

Perspectives...wow.
It's getting closer.
And I realized that I shouldn't worry about it as much as I am.
As one of my favorite quotes says...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."Matthew 6:25-34

In essence...I'll cross that bridge when I get there(Abraham Lincoln. Yes, actually listening in History class has it's perks).
There's no use in worrying about something that's 4 weeks from now today.

Anyways...
Since my Dad's a board member/vice president of the school, he's in charge of being the board member that sits through a portion of our Perspective presentations.

Him being the person he is, he requested to have me pre-assigned on the day he was doing it so that he could watch his little girl be scared out of her wits. Lovely.
Not sure how I feel about that yet. It could make it easier, it could make it harder. Not sure yet.

But we started our boards!! :)
I went through about 10 of our precious photo albums and took out pictures of me 1-9 years old and then later on. Which shall(most likely) be posted sometime in the near future;)

Today in class we began painting them. I chose yellow...because it's pretty, one of my favorite colors, joyful, and the exact opposite emotion of what I'll be feeling as I stand in front of the board members and principal.
I'm hoping the color/feeling extends through the cardboard and onto my soon-to-be fast beating heart...so much for not worrying.

As for everything else...it's complicated. Very.
If I ever talk to you personally, you may or may not get more out of me.

Songs of the week(my favorite part of this...)?

Fearless- Taylor Swift
Hear You Me- Jimmy Eat World
Breakeven- The Script
Lessons Learned- Carrie Underwood


Quotes to describe my week?
~Did he seriously just do that?!
~Here we go again...
~Somethings gotta give, cause I can't keep waiting to live...
~Lesson learned.
~You and I are a story that never gets told.


Stay beautiful.
Loves.
Remey.

No comments:

Post a Comment