Saturday, May 21, 2011

Press On. Waiting. Stand.

So, the more I think about it, I realize that I strongly believe that God has a purpose for everything. That's just how it is. Everything we say and do throughout our lives has a purpose and a reason and is apart of that "huge picture" that no one seems to see, but always mentions no matter what you're talking about relating your life.

But the more I think about it, the more I also wonder what my purpose is.
And I hit the huge realization that I may not know what my purpose is until I'm older. What God has in store for me.

Strike that. I already know what my life purpose is. To glorify my Father in everything I do, say, and think and to further His kingdom. Live for Him, and Him alone. Give 100% to him nonstop, everyday, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

You know how hard that is?
It's hard. Obviously.

It's very difficult to challenge yourself to break out of your usually motions, your sinful nature, your selfishness and to take a stand for selfLESSness.
Living as though it's God living through you, because He is! To press on to the goal, stand up after being sick of falling and afraid of what's to come...

1 Corinthians 16:20a- "You are not your own; you were bought at a price."

To live a life worth dying for? The ultimate price- life?

We already know that as sinners, it's virtually impossible for us to live up to such a standard. We know for a fact that just because we're Christians we will still continue to live in sin. We'll keep sinning- it's our nature to do so. But as Christians, we have an amazing assurance that we have the Holy Spirit living in us that is helping us to take a stand against selfishness and stand up for selfLESSness.

Everyday is a battle.

"Yeah, yeah, we get the whole selfLESSness." But what really is selflessness?

Good ol' Webster's definition of selfless is: "having little or no concern for oneself, especially with regard to fame, position, money, etc.; unselfish."

As opposed to selfishness, we see the word unselfish in the definition. Little or no concern for yourself...more for others, the way I see it.

Philippians 2:1-8
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!


This verse not only addresses selflessness and looking to others interests over your own, but also the sacrifice of Jesus making Himself nothing for us. The whole, "live a life worth dying for" thing.
Because your life was literally died for, you were bought at a price. You're not your own. Christ is living through you.

Back to purpose...(I really need to capture my trains of thought. Goodness.)

I guess the better way to say, "I wonder what my purpose is", is that "I really wonder what my life will become of." I often daydream about if I'll ever travel to Europe like I've always dreamed, or get married and start a family, or what high school and college will be like.

I'm at a weird part in my life. The part where I wish I could stay this age forever, but also half of me is itching to move on. See what God has in store for me.

It slightly resembles that feeling when you get on a roller coaster. Mine, anyways.
You're so excited for the ride, the next turn, the next drop... but you're also nervous about moving on. At times, you really want to stay high and mighty where you can look to your left and right over the land and be at peace. You feel big and strong, like you can do anything.

But...but for some reason, God may have in store for you to go down another drop to make you stronger for the next one. And the next one. And the next one.

As poor of an example as that is, it's true. Although you may wish to stay in the same spot, you know you have to move on. Sometimes instantaneously, and others times...not so much. And although sometimes you want to move and get out of the dark and low drops...there's nothing else to do than wait on God to see where He'll take you and when He'll move you. It's a hard concept to grasp, especially for me, when I love to see where I'm going and see what's going on.

It gives me comfort knowing that God is in control. That He knows what I'm feeling and what effects me, and that He'll never allow me to be tempted beyond what I can bear.

What else is there to do than press on in life and wait to see where God will take me? To stand up after I fall? Why spend more time on the ground when you're missing so much when you could be standing up and getting a day closer...
Pressing on towards high school, through changes that are totally out of my comfort zone, and test me in ways that I would've never imagined.

Somehow...somehow there's peace. Like I said, there's comfort knowing that God is who He is. That's what I hold on to. That's the greatest assurance I have in the world...that God will never change, or move, or leave me.

Waiting. Pressing on.

High school, here I come. 13 days.
Loves.
Remey.

No comments:

Post a Comment