Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Valleys and Mountains

Have you ever stopped for a minute in your busy day to look around? Smell the flowers, feel the wind, hear the birds?

Count your blessings?

Most often the most beautiful things in life are missed all because we're to "busy" to do one simple act- stop.

To appreciate all you've had and all you have presently. The opportunities which opened up new doors, and the trials that made you stronger. The situations that God chose to shine his grace and mercy and, well, miracles through.

Stopping and recognizing all you have can bring on different waves of emotions. For me, it brought back a specific thought/hope that kept burning in my mind.

That although I may not feel God now as much as I have or as much as I'd like to, he's still here. Right next to me. Helping me through this valley while keeping my eyes fixed on the mountains up ahead.

Reminding me that this will indeed pass.

How thankful I am for all the mountains and the valleys and that things are never constant.

"Would you appreciate something that always felt the same? Even the air you breathe makes you go up and down. Your heartbeat goes up and down. If we were always at the same place in our relationship with God, in this world, it would be like having no relationship with Him. Like in a heartbeat, if we didn't have the ups and downs we wouldn't be alive. Yes, God wants you to feel Him. But He wants you to know, trust, and believe Him more. And you cant learn trust without risk. Without pain. Just like now."



Lauren Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment