Saturday, April 7, 2012

Never Fading Flame

It's so hard when you can't see.

The big picture, I mean. The end result. The finish line to this race.

Because in reality, nothing matters here. Not the car you drive, how many medals you earn in sports, or the amount of money in your bank account.

None of it really matters.
Why?

This is not our home.
This is not our final destination.
This is not where we belong.

No matter how much pain or confusion may strike during our time on earth, it's not going to effect our future living with God eternally in heaven.

Is this not encouraging?
My goodness.

I admit, it's hard to focus on all the time, but hearing this when feeling so blinded and stuck at a dead end is PAST the word "encouraging".

It's that small sense of hope that keeps shining no matter how dark, endless and, frankly, HOPELESS something may seem. Nothing can extinguish that light.

Nothing.

Lauren Christine.

1 comment:

  1. Amen :) {Gosh, I fell like an old southern lady saying that, you know with the blue hair and big hat.}

    But yeah, amen. And thanks. I needed that.
    Have an amazing celebration of the Risen King tomorrow, my friend.

    ReplyDelete